What Are The Benefits of HGH Therapy For Men?
What is HGH?
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is an easily occurring hormone produced by the pituitary gland. HGH is critical for controlling normal growth in children. Men rely on HGH therapy to maintain healthy organs, tissue, regulate metabolism, and control heart function. Its production slows as part of the ageing process. It diminishes muscle and bone mass, alters exercise capacity, and elevates body fat.
What is HGH Therapy?
There is a misconception that HGH treatment is a cureall that reverses the aging process. The prevalence of unapproved over-the-counter treatments further misrepresents the hormone. HGH therapy is approved for the treatment of Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (AGHD). Hormone replacement therapy should always be managed by a physician. Only a doctor can diagnose hormonal abnormality and prescribe HGH therapy. Safe treatment requires consultation, physical examination, bloodwork, and follow-up to ensure treatment is effective and monitor for possible side effects.
Indications of HGH Deficiency
Hormonal changes alter body composition and function. They are often dismissed as natural parts of aging. The signs of AGHD should be discussed with a physician. Testing is necessary to determine if symptoms are a result of hormone deficiency or another cause. Possible indications include:
- A simultaneous increase in body fat and loss of lean muscle mass
- An increase in triglyceride and HDL levels
- A loss of muscle mass
- Diminished capacity for physical exertion
- Difficulty with concentration and memory
- Fatigue and a loss of vitality
HGH Therapy Benefits For Men
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) therapy has been used to treat children and adults with hormone deficiency for decades. Men with diminished HGH production suffer changes in body composition they cannot control with diet and exercise, reduced tolerance for physical activity, and diminished health. When appropriate, replacement therapy controls these adverse effects, improving overall wellbeing.
- Decrease in Body Fat: For men, HGH plays a critical role in regulating the metabolism of sugar and fat. A hormone deficiency alters healthy processing, which has ripple effects on cholesterol and body fat. An increase in visceral fat, which is stored in the trunk and around the organs, is linked to increased cardiovascular disease. A study found a 9% reduction in trunk fat in patients treated with growth hormone compared to control.
- Increased Bone Density: HGH deficiency compromises bone mass. This increases the risk of fracture and limits mobility. As the body’s frame, skeletal compromise affects muscle mass as well. Hormone loss may complicate fractures and extend recovery as well. Researchers found that growth hormone therapy in men increased bone mineral density in the lumbar spine by a mean of 5.1%
- Increased Cardiac Strength: Diminished HGH production reduces muscle mass. This can negatively affect cardiac function. Investigators reported improved left ventricular mass, posterior wall thickness, left ventricular ejection diastolic diameters, and stroke volume in patients treated with replacement therapy.
- Increased Exercise Capacity: Aerobic exercise and strength training are important components to maintaining overall health and combating the effects of aging. Unfortunately, HGH deficiency limits men’s ability to exercise effectively. Replacement treatment effectively controls the adverse effect of HGH deficiency. Researchers reported significant improvement in maximal power output and maximal oxygen uptake in AGHD patients.
- Improved Quality of Life: Diminished exercise capacity, increased body fat, and a general overall reduction in wellbeing take a psychological toll. Men with hormone deficiency feel limited from activities they enjoy, experience sluggishness that can impact their work, and become frustrated when with changes that seem uncontrollable. HGH treatment addresses the underlying cause of these issues. A study published in Clinical Endocrinology reported improved energy levels and sustained quality of life in individuals treated with hormone therapy compared to the control group
Also Read: Dips Vs. Push-Ups: Which Exercise is Best?
Men’s HGH production begins decreasing after puberty and falls through adulthood. A hormone deficiency causes abnormal metabolic processes, unhealthy body composition, and reduced cardiac function. Human Growth Hormone treatment under doctor supervision can manage the health effects of hormone deficiency.
Also Read: Tips You Should Know Before You Start a Weight-loss Plan!
The post What Are The Benefits of HGH Therapy For Men? first appeared on EFitnessHelp.
- December 2023
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- May 2023
- March 2023
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2020
- January 2020